Monday 17 October 2016

Challlenge #1: Introducing Courtney and Braidy

Courtney Takkiruq

Braidy Tungilik
I'm Courtney Takkiruq. I am from Gjoa Haven, NU. I am inuk, a first people. We live on treaty land, under the Nunavut settlement.

One time my science teacher let us do a project about water and gravity. So we got one cup of water, another one empty, and a string with both ends in each cup. We put the cup of water holding both ends of the strings tight and start to slowly pour the water down the string into the other cup. It's cool how gravity works, along with water's properties cohesion and adhesion.

I signed up for the Great Waters Challenge because I am taking a class about the ocean.

My community sits on the Arctic Ocean watershed.

A water issue I have noticed is that the ice here melts earlier than usual. It also comes later than usual too. We had an elder come into our class to talk about how the ice is changing.





My name is Braidy, and I am from Gjoa Haven, Nunavut. I am inuk, a first people, and I lie on treaty land (Nunavut settlement).

I don't really have a cool water story, but I signed up because it looked pretty cool to do.

The watershed I belong to is the Arctic Ocean.

The local issues that I think people should worry about it garbage going into the water because sea animals don't know what it is and it can affect what they do, or affect their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Great work everyone! We're really looking forward to meeting the rest of the team and your second challenge! It is a privilege for us to be able to learn about your stories. Getting a perspective from the north when we are so far south is really cool!

    ReplyDelete